Bruker Icon Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
The Bruker Dimension Icon AFM measures nanometer-scale microscopy by rastering (over a surface of interest) a sharp probe, the z-position of which is controlled in a closed-loop feedback on a measure of the atomic forces on the probe by the surface. These forces are strongly dependent on the probe-surface distance, and so the z-adjustments required to maintain constant force during rastering are directly related to the topographical and morphological features. The Icon AFM incorporates the latest evolution of Bruker’s nanoscale imaging and characterization technologies on a large sample tip-scanning AFM platform. The Icon’s temperature-compensating position sensors render noise levels in the sub-angstroms range for the Z-axis, and angstroms in X-Y.
- Significantly reduced noise floor at less than 30 pm enabling imaging at sub-nanometer resolution
- Drift rates less than 200pm per minute render distortion-free images immediately
- Integrated alignment tools deliver quick and optimized probe positioning
- High-resolution camera and X-Y positioning permit faster, more efficient sample navigation
- Wide-open access to tip and sample accommodates a large variety of standard and customized experiments
- AFM modes available: contact mode, non-contact “tapping” mode, proprietary Peak-Force mode
- Standard AFM tips available on-site, specialty tips can be purchased by request
- Piezoelectric Force Microscopy available
Click here to view the facility contacts.