Edinburgh Instruments FLS1000 Luminescence Spectrometer
The Edinburgh FLS1000 system is a modular fluorescence spectrometer for measuring spectra from the ultraviolet to the near-infrared spectral range (250 to 2550 nm), and lifetimes spanning from picoseconds to seconds. The system currently houses three light sources (450 W ozone-free Xenon arc lamp, microsecond Xenon flashlamp, 405nm picosecond pulsed diode laser), three detectors (Si PMT, InGaAs PMT, and InGaAs steady-state detector), an integrating sphere attachment for measuring absolute photoluminescence quantum yields, and a fiber optics module for external measurements. The large sample compartment is equipped to measure either solution phase samples in a cuvette or solid-state samples on specially designed film or crystal holders. Light sources, detectors, grating, slits, and polarizers are all computer-controlled for accurate and precise measurements. Additionally, all spectral data are corrected in real time for the spectral response of both the light source and detector, making data measured on this system immediately ready for publication.
- Wide-range spectral measurements from 230 -2550 nm for emission measurements with a range of 230-900 nm for excitation measurements
- High performance Fluoracle® software package enables automatic spectral correction, lifetime fitting, and experiment automation
- Double-monochromator resolution and stray light rejection
- Automatic excitation and emission polarization optics enabling optical anisotropy measurements
- Multiple excitation sources (450W Xe lamp; Xe flash lamp; 405 nm picosecond pulsed diode laser)
- Time-resolved photoluminescence capabilities using either multichannel scaling (MCS) or time-correlated single photon counting (TCSPC) electronics enabling lifetime measurements from <1 ns to 50 seconds
- PMT detectors for wavelength range from 230- 1700 nm for lifetime measurements
- Modular sample chamber enabling measurement of wide range of samples
- Integrating sphere accessory for absolute quantum yield measurements
Click here to view the facility contacts.