Teachers participate in state-of-the-art research in one of our labs and then translate the experience into lessons or curriculum they can use in their classrooms. Open to high school or middle school science teachers. This is a great opportunity for chemistry, physics or engineering teachers. To complete the online application you will need a 250-word personal statement addressing how this supports your career goals and teaching plans. You will need two professional references with emails, and your CV as an attachment. Please suggest 3 possible MEM-C labs that you are interested in.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Start Date: Flexible
- Stipend: $8240
- Application Deadline: 8/31/2023
Download the 2023 MEM-C REU/RET flyer for more information about past programs.
- Must be middle school or high school STEM teacher with a teaching appointment for the school year following the RET program.
- Be US citizen or permanent resident.
- Devote 40 hours a week for 6 weeks in research and curriculum development at UW labs.
- Live within commuting distance of UW Seattle, or be prepared to provide your own housing and transport.
- Meet with other teachers once a week to collaborate on lesson design.
- Be prepared to use the materials you develop in the following school year and provide feedback for improvement.